Hopscotch – It is a wonderful game programming apps on iPad! Simple concepts in 3 words: drag, edit and play.
All programming right on the iPad, you no need a PC to handle your code. JUST drag the code (like scratch developed by MIT), edit the parameter (like “colour”, “length”), then “play” or test it right on your iPad.
NO PC or Mac and no installation – better than other game programming software or apps. Of course, it just in beta stage of Hopscotch, the function is in small number. But, the idea is great!
Maybe you still can’t understand what I’m talking about, the link below may show you how’s Hopscotch work:
Application for Education
If you are work on iPad in the classroom, you should like this apps. If you a teacher who teaching programming in school, you also like this apps. This is one of my favourite apps!
- All Thing Digital: Hopscotch for iPad Makes Coding Kid-Friendly (allthingsd.com)
- Hopscotch iPad app looks to teach building blocks of coding to girls [GigaOM] (gigaom.com)
- Hopscotch App Aims To Get Both Girls And Boys Interested In Programming (readwrite.com)
- Hopscotch | Coding for Kids (swiss-miss.com)
- Hopscotch teaches kids to code with the first ever coding language designed for mobile (pandodaily.com)
- Hopscotch for iPad Makes Coding Kid-Friendly (live.wsj.com)